Location: Atlanta, USA
1. What’s the meaning behind your name?
My name came from a nickname my grandmother called me when I was a baby, Jittery or Jiddery, I just shortened it to J.I.D, the acronym is whatever I chose it to be at that moment.
2. What other names have you had?
I haven’t had any other rap names, I chose that name because it’s always been a part of me.
3. Which song of yours would you first want people to hear?
4. Who was your hip hop idol growing up?
I was always a big Nas and Jay Z fan. Their beef/battle made me love the genre of hip hop. Lil Wayne probably has to take the most responsibility in me doing this, I never idolised anyone but they were very impactful and shit.
5. Which musician would you most like to work with?
Little Dragon, any of the musicians in little Dragon, Fred, Hakan, Erik or Yukimi.
6. If you weren’t making music, what would you be doing instead?
No idea, but I’m sure I wouldn’t be struggling.
7. What’s success to you?
Success in music and life are two separate things, but in life I’d say fulfilment among my family and friends, being happy and being comfortable overall; spiritually, emotionally and in good physical health.
8. Which country produces the best food and women/men?
Any East African country. Everything that comes from that region is beautiful.
9. What’s your vice?
Lol thisss, music.
10. What’s your favourite animal?
It’s hard choose one animal lol. I really fuck with them all on different levels, on some people shit. I just love the simplicity in nature.
Previously: Meet: Jammz.