Location: Los Angeles, USA
Releases: LAUGH NOW, DIE LATER EP
1. What’s the meaning behind your name?
Kari is my real first name. Faux means “fake or imitation” in French. I call myself “fake” as a disclaimer to anybody who meets me and expects shit from me. People will try to make you feel like you’re obligated to do things with/for them and the moment that you decide not to, you’re fake. So, I’d rather just beat you to the punch with the name calling.
2. What other names have you had?
3. Which song of yours would you first want people to hear?
Supplier. That song really shows you the kind of artist I want to be and the kind of music I really want to make.
4. Who was your Hip Hop idol growing up?
Missy Elliott and Andre 3000. I was very obsessed with them both.
5. Which musician would you most like to work with?
Bootsy Collins and Bernie Worrell from Parliament-Funkadelic.
6. If you weren’t making music, what would you be doing instead?
I couldn’t even tell you cause I never had a back-up plan.
7. What’s success to you?
Setting goals, accomplishing them, and being content with what you have earned for yourself.
8. Which country produces the best food and men?
Japan has dope food and the men are dressed very well there. Lol.
9. What’s your vice?
Candy. I’m high key an addict.
10. What’s your favourite animal?
Chameleons. They remind me of myself a lot. Big eyes, very observant, able to blend in or stand out when the time calls, and they are easily stressed out. Lol.