Releases: Beautiful Anomaly, Define Me, Drawn To Your Light.
1. What’s the meaning behind your name?
It kind of came about by accident, I had named my blog Purple Ferdinand. Purple is what I like to call my “power colour” it’s bold, deep, passionate, dark and holds a lot of qualities that I admire. Ferdinand is my surname. I agreed to do a gig for a good friend which was my first and she put on the flyer, ‘Purple Ferdinand’ it stuck from then on. Feels fairly fitting as my Great Grandmother’s name was Violet.
2. What other names have you had?
I never had other ‘Artist’ type names, only cheeky nicknames as a child/teen.
3. Which song of yours would you first want people to hear?
Beautiful Anomaly. Although it’s a good 2 years old, it will always be a really important song to me. I feel its mellow, sombre and calm feeling. The simplicities are a straight-forward representation of myself.
4. Who was your Hip Hop idol growing up?
5. Which musician would you most like to work with?
Either Stevie Wonder or Dwele.
6. If you weren’t making music, what would you be doing instead?
I would be tattooing for sure! Anything art related.
7. What’s success to you?
When achievement has lead to a place where there’s quality and consistency. For me that would simply be comfort and security.
8. What’s your vice?
Extremely inappropriate sarcasm.